Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Let your light shine"

You lived next door to me for years;
We shared our dreams, our joys and tears.
A friend to me you were indeed,
A friend who helped me when in need.
My faith in you was strong and sure.
We had such trust as should endure.
No "words" between us could impose;
Our friends were like - and so our foes.
What sadness, then, my friend, to find
That after all, you weren't so kind;
The day my life on earth did end,
I found you weren't a faithful friend.
For all those years we spent on earth,
You never talked of second birth.
You never talked of my lost soul
And of the Christ Who'd make me whole.
I'm lost today eternally
And tell you now my earnest plea.
You cannot do a thing for me -
No words today my bonds will free.
But do not err, my friend, again -
Do all you can for souls of men.
Plead with them now quite earnestly,
Lest they be cast in hell with me.

Doesn't that make you stop and think "Am I being a good christian example to my friends, neighbors, and relatives? Jesus told the demon-possessed (after he cast the demon out) to "...Go home to your friends, and tell them the great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you." (mark 5:19) Are we telling our friends, family and neighbors about all the wonderful things the Lord has done for us? Or about the compassion He has shown us?

Jesus also said in matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket , but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that thay may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." We Christians are the light of the world and we can't hide it and keep all to ourselves! we have to share the good news with everyone so that we may glorify our heavenly Father.

Now, all this said I just want to point out that I am in no way saying that I have been good in this area. But the more I read the Bible the more I see how much I'm not doing and the more I see how important it is to "let my light shine". The poem and verses have challenged me and I hope they will challenge you also.

Jade

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great! What a thing to think about....... are we shining to our fullest for Jesus?

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

~@~Courtney~@~